Merricks Estate Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 (12 x 750mL), Mornington Peninsula.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
Average rating out of 5 stars Write a review
$26.67 per Bottle
$320 per case


The 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon was hand harvested from some of Merricks Estate’s oldest vines in sight of western port bay. The cabernet juice was blended with 10% merlot In the classic French style and matured in 60% newFrench oak barriques, the remaining 40% in one to two year old barriques.

VIC - Mornington Peninsula

Grays Tasting Panel Review

Our distinctive Cabernet sauvignon shows cassis, blackcurrant fruit and chocolate characters. A deep purple red, it’s emboldened with fine savoury tannins and spices that you’ll only find on a perfectly aged wine. a hint of earthiness leads into just the right amount of toasty cedar to finish.

‘This is very fine and pleasantly surprising given the penchant of the region for cooler climate varietal expressions. A wine that is almost Bordelais in its tightly knit tannic composure and pastille-laden, free-flowing acidity. This is long, savoury and graceful, with the pillars of its construction finding an effortless confluence with currant, dried sage, cedar and tobacco notes. An aged beauty, with plenty of life left in dem' bones’. Ned Goodwin - Halliday Wine Companion

Ask our panel a question
VIC - Mornington Peninsula
Grape Style
Cabernet Sauvignon
Closure Type
Screwcap closure

Winery Profile

Brand Profile Image

The Mornington Peninsula in Southern Victoria, produces some of Australia's most distinctive fine wines because of its cool climate and long ripening season.

Situated on lush gentle slopes in sight of Western Port Bay, Merricks Estate was one of the first commercial vineyards, planted in 1978 by the Kefford family as a trial to explore the possibilities of wine making in an area that was then known only for its farming and horticulture and tourism.

Merricks Estate since 1982 has produced high quality wines from its estate grown Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. Our customers have enjoyed current releases of wines with between 4-7 years of bottle aging. The Merricks Estate label is known for its older vintaged wines.Merricks Estate Shiraz was recognized as an exceptional wine from its earliest release. The 1984 Shiraz was named by England's prestigious Decanter magazine as on of the best wines of 1985, and was described as "a wondrously spicy/peppery wine which is, at the same time hauntingly delicate."

At Merricks Estate the most elusive grape, Pinot Noir, has produced superb burgudian style wines but tantalizingly low yields. It was therefore gratifying when the 1997 Pinot Noir (the first vintage to meet Royal Melbourne Show volume requirements) was awarded the trophy for Best Pinot Noir in the show.

In June 2009, we have added a new label Merricks Thompson's Lane to our range. Thompson's Lane is the name of the gravel road where Merricks Estate is located. The wines sold under the Merricks Thompson's Lane label are also made from our premium estate grown grapes and with dedicated wine making methods. These wines are made without compromising fruit quality or wine making skills. With the Merricks Thompson's Lane wines, we are responding to the demand for early drinking premium Mornington Peninsula wines at a competitive price.

View Merricks Estate website


Loading content...
Loading content...