Francois Crochet Sancerre 2017 (12 x 750mL), Loire, France.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
Average rating out of 5 stars Write a review
$49.99 per Bottle
$599.88 per case
This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.


This wine is made from a number of different parcels scattered across the appellation. The topsoils range from limestone marls, kimmeridgian stones and hard limestones mixed in to varying soils of clay, thin gravels and heavy sands scattered near the village of Bué. Also, there is a little dose coming from silex soils as well. The climate in this area is one of the cooler areas but most of the sites face towards the south, which helps the grapes find their ripeness.

FRA - Loire

Winery Tasting Notes

Aroma & Palate

For such a forceful and “minerally” white wine, it shows a tremendous amount of beauty and delicacy. There are aromas of kefir lime, lemon, lemon peel, ripe green melon, cucumber, freshly crushed limestone rocks and gunflint. Straight away, the palate of the wine hits you with purity and the electricity of perfectly picked grapes.

FRA - Loire
Grape Style
Sauvignon Blanc
Closure Type
Cork closure

Winery Profile

Francois Crochet is located in the town of Bue, slightly south-west of Sancerre. A family owned domaine, very small at 10.5 hectares with a focus on Sauvignon Blanc with 70% planted on chalky limestone soils (region known as Caillottes) and the remaining 30% planted on a clay-chalk combination (known as terres blanches). The vines have a 25 year average age and the first vintage was in 2000.


Loading content...
Loading content...