Goldwater Chardonnay shows the influence of the unique climate and complex soils. After harvesting, the fruit is gently pressed and the juice cold settled before transferring to a combintation of barrel and stainless steel for fermentation. Approximately 75% of the wine goes through malolactic in order to soften and enrich the palate. 60% of the wine is then aged in new French oak barriques for eleven months, with the remaining 40% going into stainless steel to retain fruit intensity.
- NZ - Marlborough
- New Zealand
Winery Tasting Notes
The aromas and flavours are packed with peaches, apricots, limes and subtle spice. The palate is rich, vibrant, and refreshing.
Harvest is gently made and happens during the cool morning hours to retain the bright, pristine characteristics of the grapes. With the fruit arriving at the winery possessing such extraordinary flavours and textures, the winemakers' primary task is to preserve and enhance those elements.