Vavasour Pinot Gris 2012 (6 x 750mL), Marlborough, NZ.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
$18.99 per Bottle
$113.94 per pack
This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.


The fruit for our 2012 Pinot Gris was harvested from our estate vineyard in the Awatere Valley. A combination of canopy and yield management ensured great concentration and flavour in the fruit. After whole bunch pressing, 10% of the juice was fermented in older French oak barriques using wild yeasts indigenous to our vineyard. While in oak, the lees were stirred regularly. The remaining 90% was fermented in stainless steel with a selected yeast strain, allowing us to retain the vibrant fruit flavours of the variety. As a result, this wine has a lovely mix of freshness, richness and complexity.

NZ - Marlborough
New Zealand

Winery Tasting Notes

The cool weather of the Awatere Valley brings out the oral side of Pinot Gris.


Our 2012 features aromas of pear, spice, braeburn apple and lychees.


The palate is rich, of dry, opulent and balanced. The finish has the hallmark minerality found in all of our white wines.


Drink now through 2017.

Food Matching

Enjoy this wine as an aperitif or pair it with fresh seafood or spicy Asian dishes.

NZ - Marlborough
Grape Style
Pinot Grigio / Gris
Closure Type
Screwcap closure

Winery Profile

Brand Profile Image

It's not just the grinding winds from the west or the imposing presence of Tapuae-O-Uenuku, the towering peak that looms over Marlborough's Awatere Valley. It's not just the deep, rocky soils formed millions of years ago by relentless glaciers that molded the landscape. It's not just the arid climate marked by sundrenched days and cold nights. It's the combination of all those things together that shape the inimitable character, flavours and textures of Vavasour wines.

View Vavasour website


Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind