Scotchmans Hill `Swan Bay` Pinot Grigio 2013 (12 x 750mL), SA/VIC.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049

RRP $23.50

$18.90 per Bottle
$226.80 per case
This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.

Overview

The Swan Bay range continues the Scotchmans Hill wine-making philosophy of restraint, elegance, balance and purity. These wines take their name from the Swan Bay nature reserve. A beautiful landmark at the eastern end of the Bellarine Peninsula, Swan Bay was named by Commander Matthew Flinders in 1803 while he was mapping the southern coastline of Australia.

The fruit used to produce these wines comes only from selected vineyards around the cool, maritime climate of Geelong. We obtain high quality raw product and use traditional winemaking techniques to display the varietal characteristics of the Geelong region.

Sourced from Geelong and Adelaide to make an Italian “Grigio” style, noted for zesty acidity and moderate alcohol. 85% stainless steel closed tank fermentation, with the remaining 15% in French oak barriques.

Region:
AUS - Multi-regional
State:
Multi-regional
Country:
Australia

Winery Tasting Notes

Aroma

Fragrant and complex bouquet; displaying aromas of fresh pear, nectarine and quince.

Palate

The palate is clean and fresh with a long finish. Tropical fruit flavours dominate the rich mid palate. Supported by gooseberry, grassy notes and a touch of honey, followed by a green herbaceous finish.

Cellaring

This is a fruit driven style to be consumed over the next one to two years.

Vintage
2013
Region
AUS - Multi-regional
Grape Style
Pinot Grigio / Gris
Closure Type
Screwcap closure
Alcohol
13.5%

Winery Profile

Established by the Browne family in 1982, Scotchmans Hill remains a prominent family-owned wine business. Beginning with wines sourced solely from the Bellarine Peninsula, we have evolved into a company that produces and distributes wine from key winemaking regions of Australia and New Zealand. Modern and traditional winemaking techniques are utilised at our winery to produce wines of quality and typicity, with characteristics typical of the various regions.

View Scotchmans Hill website

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind