This `SA Red Wine Tasting Pack` is comprised of;
- Hans Stockhausen Show Reserve `Futures` Shiraz 2012 (2 x 750mL), Barossa, SA.
- Capricornia Shiraz 2012 (2 x 750mL), Langhorne Creek, SA.
- Barossa Valley Winemakers `Show Reserve` Cabernet Sauv 2006 (2 x 750mL), SA.
- Morgan Mountain Cabernet Merlot 2012 (2 x 750mL), McLaren Vale, SA.
- Arrowsmith `Silver Label` Merlot 2009 (2 x 750mL), Langhorne Creek, SA.
- James Hickey Estate `Cellar Reserve` Merlot 2012 (2 x 750mL), SA.
- SA - Other South Australian
- South Australia
Winery Tasting Notes
- Hans Stockhausen Show Reserve `Futures` Shiraz 2012, Barossa, SA.
Released as a Future Classic, this is a Barossa Shiraz of extraordinary dimension and power. It’s richly textured, intensely concentrated and packed with flavour. It has a commanding presence that demands attention while showing hints of the sophistication and elegance to come.
- Capricornia Shiraz 2012, Langhorne Creek, SA.
Dark berries and plums are the obvious flavours on entry before the palate builds with earthy spice, oak and dark chocolate overtones. It has plump juicy tannins supporting a background of black pepper and licorice. Balanced and long on the finish, it has a velvety texture and clean dry finish.
- Barossa Valley Winemakers `Show Reserve` Cabernet Sauv 2006, SA.
A small group of Barossa Valley winemakers have got together to produce a limited release of their amalgamated 2006 vintage from vineyards from within the region.
- Morgan Mountain Cabernet Merlot 2012, McLaren Vale, SA.
Morgan Mountain features a range of wines that are colourful, vibrant and uplifted in their aroma spectrum. Rich dry styles with sweet fruit flavours like the aromas featured appear on the palate. Intense with slight dusty appearances due to oak handling this outlines the use of new and old French oak. Russian and American oak have been utilised with this range.
- Arrowsmith `Silver Label` Merlot 2009, Langhorne Creek, SA.
This Merlot is approachable and easy to enjoy with your favourite dish or as a relaxing glass with friends at any time. It’s mellow round mouth feel and medium body make it a versatile option for every occasion. It has great substance and depth of flavour with soft round tannins.
- James Hickey Estate `Cellar Reserve` Merlot 2012, SA.
2012 was a classic year in this region and this wine is distinguished by its ripeness and elegance. This wine shows the flavours of classic McLaren Vale Merlot.