Organic McLaren Vale Reds Mixed Pack (6 x 750mL), McLaren Vale, SA.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049

RRP $158

This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.


Discover the McLaren Vale region, the heart of organic and biodynamic winemaking.

Meet Battle of Bosworth and Paxton Winery, the region's most dedicated artisan growers and winemakers, see their passion and commitment to producing quality wines in sustainable winemaking.

Enjoy the expression of the true terroir of McLaren Vale.

Organic McLaren Vale Reds Mixed Pack contains:

1 x Paxton `Quandong Farm` Single Vineyard Shiraz 2014

1 x Paxton Organic `The Guesser` Red 2014

1 x Paxton MV Shiraz 2014

1 x Battle of Bosworth `Best of Vintage` 2011

1 x Spring Seed `Company Cockscomb` Cabernet Sauvignon 2013

1 x Battle of Bosworth `Puritan` Shiraz 2015

SA - McLaren Vale
South Australia

Expert Reviews

Paxton `Quandong Farm` Single Vineyard Shiraz 2014

20% whole bunches were placed in the bottoms of the small batch fermenters, the remaining 80% destemmed on top; gentle extraction and maceration for 14 days, then pressed to new and used French barriques for 12 months' maturation. The perfumed and supple medium-bodied palate is the polar opposite of the MV Shiraz, with a deceptively long palate and fresh finish. Rating 95 - Drink by 2024, James Halliday, Australian Wine Companion (JUL/2015)

Paxton MV Shiraz 2014

Parcels from two vineyards were separately fermented and held on skins for 14 days prior to 12 months in new and used barriques. Has far greater depth and richness to its full-bodied black fruit flavours than most of its price peers, with savoury, earthy dark chocolate invisibly woven into the fruit. Will go the distance and then some. Rating 93 - Drink by 2034, James Halliday, Australian Wine Companion (JUL/2015)

Battle of Bosworth `Best of Vintage` 2011

A 55/35/10% blend of cabernet sauvignon, shiraz and petit verdot, a best barrel selection of each of the varieties. Has a mix of ripe fruits and more savoury elements, not to the point of being sweet and sour, but on the other hand, not totally harmonious. It may be the wine needs further time in bottle, but I'm not equipped to take a stance on that question. Rating 89 - Drink by 2017, James Halliday, Australian Wine Companion (MAR/2014)

Winery Tasting Notes

ABOUT PAXTON WINES, McLaren Vale ’made in the vineyard’.

David Paxton is of one Australia’s most successful and well-respected viticulturalists, spanning over 40 years. He started with a successful premium grower business in the late 1970’s in the world renowned wine growing region of McLaren Vale. He has been supplying premium grapes to top Australian brands like Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Two Hands, Molly Dooker and so many more to produce some of the world’s most awarded Australian wines as well as supply Paxton Wines. David has also been involved with planting and managing some of the most prestigious vineyards in the Barossa, Yarra Valley, Margaret River and Adelaide Hills for top global wineries.

There are six vineyards in the family holdings, all in McLaren Vale and all are certified organic and biodynamic started conversion in 2004, making Paxton one of the largest biodynamic producer in Australia. His principal focus is on his own operations in McLaren Vale with Paxton Wines, established in 1998 as a premium Shiraz producer. His prestigious vineyards have some of the regions oldest vines including, Thomas Block which dates back to 1889, is the regal flagship vineyard of 70 acres and home to a legendary 120 year old EJ Shiraz vines. Winemaker Richard Freebairn joined Paxton Wines as head winemaker in 2014 with the 2015 vintage being his first. Paxton Biodynamic Wines "Best Wineries of the Regions, 5 red stars" James Halliday, Australian Wine Companion '15. Gold Medal & Trophy Winning Wines on a Global Scale. 90+ point scoring wines up to 97pts in James Halliday’s Wine Companion, Wine Spectator Magazine, Robert Parker, Wine & Spirits magazine and a selection of other publications.


Battle of Bosworth makes single vineyard, organically grown wines from the family vineyards located in McLaren Vale, South Australia. Battle of Bosworth was established in 2001 by Joch Bosworth and Louise Hemsley-Smith. The wines take

Mixed Vintage
SA - McLaren Vale
Grape Style
Mixed pack
Closure Type
Screwcap closure

Winery Profile



Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind