View Moppity Vineyards website
- Top 10 Best Value Wineries - Halliday 2016
- Best NSW Winery, Melbourne International Wine Competition 2014
- Best Exhibitor, Canberra Regional Wine Show 2015, 2014, 2013
- Best Exhibitor, NSW Small Winemakers Show 2015, 2014
- Best New Brand Of The Year (Quaff, Peter Forrestal)
- Jimmy Watson Trophy vineyard, 2010
- Jimmy Watson runner up 2014 (Lock & Key '13 Shiraz)
- Top 10 Future Classics, Jeremy Oliver 2013
Hilltops is rapidly emerging as one of the most exciting viticultural regions in Australia. Australia’s most influential wine commentator James Halliday has hailed the Hilltops as one of the two most significant emerging cool climate wine regions in Australia. Viticulturally, the region can be summarised as "Barossa meets the Grampians"; power and concentration with elegance and finesse.
Moppity Vineyards s is a flagship producer of the Hilltops region and recently rocketed to prominence having claimed some of the most coveted prizes in winemaking, both in Australia and overseas.
The 170 acre vineyard sits at the highest elevation in the Hilltops and the 37 year old vines are among the oldest in the region. Moppity vineyards won over 90 trophies and medals since 2009 and produced fruit for the ’09 Jimmy Watson winner. No wonder Campbell Mattinson has heralded Moppity as “a rising star of top-end Australian wine”.