Henri de Villamont Volnay 2008 (12 x 750mL), Bourgogne, France.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
$94.99 per Bottle
$1,139.88 per case

Overview

Volnay A.C.

100% Pinot Noir. Medium body, gentle acidity, well balanced tannins with a good fruit concentration and a good flesh, lightly wooded.

Region:
FRA - Burgundy
State:
Imported
Country:
France

Winery Tasting Notes

Colour

The shiny garnet

Aroma

The wine has a very pleasant bouquet of red berries and light spices.

Palate

Medium body, gentle acidity, wellbalanced tannins with a good fruit concentration and a good flesh, lightly wooded.

Food Matching

Roast meats, poultry and with ripe, classic cheeses such as Brie, Chaource and Reblochon.

Cellaring

Delicious when young, it will improve for 8 to 10 years and develop aromas of truffles and undergrowth.

Vintage
2008
Region
FRA - Burgundy
Grape Style
Pinot Noir
Closure Type
Cork closure

Winery Profile

Brand Profile Image

The Lord of Villamont, a gentleman originally from Brittany was a knight of the Order of Jerusalem and also a great traveler in the XVI and XVII centuries. The tale of his travels is concealed in three books named Les Voyages du Seigneur de Villamont edited in 1607.

The famous writer Chateaubriand himself will refer to the Chevalier in his book Itinéraire de Paris à Jerusalem. The Lord of Villamont would have then settled in Burgundy, in Savigny-lès-Beaune, a village which vineyards used to be partly owned by the Order between 1256 and 1655.

His tale having seduced us, we decided a long time ago to revive his memory by linking his name to our wines, which travel throughout the world similarly to the Chevalier de Villamont. In the end of the XIX century, Léonce Bocquet, then the sole owner of the famous Clos de Vougeot, ambitioned to build modern winemaking and wine-ageing facilities.

The site of Savigny-lès-Beaune was identified as an ideal location and the architect Albert Suisse was appointed to lead the construction which lasted from 1880 to 1888. The outcome was quite spectacular with 4000 covered square meters, six meters high vaults, a capacity of 4000 barrels (of 228 liters each) and a heating system to initiate the malolactic fermentation. The Schenk Group finally acquired it in 1964 together with diverse vineyards in the Côte d’Or.

View Henri de Villamont website

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind