Villa Cafaggio `Riserva` Chianti Classico 2008 (6 x 750mL), Tuscany, Italy.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
$52.99 per Bottle
$317.94 per pack
This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.

Overview

Chianti Classico DOCG

The Riserva is made exclusively from top quality Sangiovese grapes grown on south facing slopes. We age the wine for 18 months in French oak bariqques, followed by a further 3-4 months in the traditional large Slavonian oak casks, and we do not release the wine for a further 5-6 months after bottling to ensure that it is in top condition

Region:
ITA - Tuscany
State:
Imported
Country:
Italy

Winery Tasting Notes

Colour

Intense ruby red colour

Aroma

The nose is dominated by firm ripe fruit aromas with blueberry notes.

Palate

The palate has a pleasant flavours of ripe cherry flavour, showing a perfectly integrated structure with firm tannin. Great concentration and a long finish.

Food Matching

Good with stuffed game, pot roast meat.

Vintage
2008
Region
ITA - Tuscany
Grape Style
Sangiovese
Closure Type
Cork closure

Winery Profile

Brand Profile Image

Villa Cafaggio comprise 68 hectares in Panzano, in the "Conca d'Oro" (golden basin) area of Chianti Classico. The Conca d'Oro is blessed with a perfect microclimate, with a high altitude of 400 meters and majority of south facing vinyards. There are 40 hectares of vines at Cafaggio, aproximately 85% of which are Sangiovese and the remaining 15% areCabernet Sauvignon.

View Villa Cafaggio website

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind