Innocent Bystander Pinot Noir 2010 (6 x 750mL), Victoria.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
$18.99 per Bottle
$113.94 per pack
This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.

Overview

Musk, violets and sour plum jam.on the nose with a fine tannic spine with juicy acid.

Region:
VIC - Other Victorian
State:
Victoria
Country:
Australia

Expert Reviews

This release from Innocent Bystander is a good drink. It tastes of stewed cherries, spice, eucalypt, Turkish delight and cedary oak. Quite a collection of flavours, really. As a result, it works very well as a lighter, quaffing red – that mixture of complexity and chewy tannin is a winner. It’s got a bit of impact too; it’s not wishy-washy...Rating 89. www.winefront.com.au, Campbell Mattinson (17/MAR/2011)

Earthy black cherry notes with some light cedary oak provides an enticing opening on the nose. Here is a pinot that really packs some gumption. Theres structure and fruit intensity yet there is the finesse and subtlety of pinot with a gentle fleshiness and fruit sweetness on the palate. Impressive wine. Rating 92 - Ray Jordan, Western Australian(10/MAR/2011)

Winery Tasting Notes

Aroma

Dark cocoa powder and poached cherries. Hints of truffle oil and fresh tobacco. Wet earth and dark red forest berries.

Palate

Ripe cherries and cherry compote. Fresh bramble with a hint of tar and grilled meat. A round fresh palate with a twang of chalky tannin.

Food Matching

Chinese roast duck, Grilled quail with fresh thyme and lemon zest, Beaufort cheese. Tapas - bruschetta with dark olive paste and fetta.

Winemaking Note

100% Hand picked. Destemmed, not crushed to open top fermenters. Whole bunches were used on batches at varying percentages based on fruit structure and source. A 3 to 7 day cold soak at 8°C was performed followed by fermentation with mainly indigenous yeast strains. Variations of Pigeage and Remontage methods were applied to the ferments. Fermentation

peaked at 32 °C with a small volume (approx 5%) run off at 2 baume for partial barrel ferment. No post ferment maceration.

60% of this wine was matured in stainless steel tanks to preserve freshness. The remaining 40% was matured in a mixture of new and used french oak barriques.

Vintage
2010
Region
VIC - Other Victorian
Grape Style
Pinot Noir
Closure Type
Screwcap closure
Alcohol
13%

Winery Profile

Brand Profile Image

Innocent Bystander is an independent Yarra Valley based winery producing wines from its own managed and contracted vineyards, focusing on Chardonnay & Pinot Noir alongside emerging varietals and blends including Pinot Gris, Moscato, Sangiovese Merlot & cool climate grown Shiraz Viognier.

Why Innocent Bystander?

Owners the Sexton family work with a group of winemakers and viticulturalists who eschew the bland direction and market dominance increasingly exerted by the large corporate winemaking groups.

In a nutshell, they see themselves as Innocent Bystanders.

View Innocent Bystander website

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind