Taltarni `3 Monks` Fumé Blanc 2009 (6 x 750mL), Victoria/Tasmania.

Liquor Act 2007: It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Liquor licence LIQP770010049
$17.99 per Bottle
$107.94 per pack
This item is sold out

To view similar items click here.

Overview

The proprietary Fumé Blanc is a dry, crisp and elegant interpretation of Sauvignon Blanc with none of the heady perfume characteristics that dominate other wines of this varietal. The crisp flavours are provided by using Tasmanian Sauvignon Blanc. It has fresh, lifted lemon and tropical fruit aromas, complimented by an attractive spicy character from the oaked component.

Region:
AUS - Multi-regional
State:
Multi-regional
Country:
Australia

Winery Tasting Notes

Colour

A pale straw with fresh, green tinges.

Aroma

The aroma is intense with citrus, lychee and other exotic fruit, all perfectly integrated with the nice toast characters from the time spent in French barrels.

Palate

The palate displays generous passionfruit and white peach flavours, with the Tasmanian component adding crisp citrus, mineral notes and great length. Best in its youth,

Food Matching

Taltarni Three Monks Fumé Blanc 2009 would match perfectly to a number of seafood dishes as well as soft Asian plates.

Winemaking Notes

Taltarni ‘s Three Monks Fumé Blanc 2009 is crafted from carefully selected, low yielding fruit grown on Taltarni’s vineyards in Victoria’s Pyrenees and Tasmania. 60% of the blend was fermented in stainless steel, using two different Sauvignon Blanc yeast strains to enhance the tropical and passionfruit flavours. The remaining 40% of the blend was barrel fermented in French oak then batonnaged weekly for six months; enhancing the complexity, mid-palate weight and spiciness of this delicious wine.

Vintage
2009
Region
AUS - Multi-regional
Grape Style
Sauvignon Blanc
Closure Type
Screwcap closure
Alcohol
12.5%

Winery Profile

Brand Profile Image

Taltarni Vineyards represents excellence in creating stylistic wines that distinctively express varietal character, regionalism and eclectic winemaking. Established in 1969 and purchased in 1972, Taltarni is a founding winery of Victoria’s Pyrenees. The name Taltarni, meaning red earth, aptly describes the iron rich red soil of the Pyrenees wine region.

View Taltarni website

WHAT YOU'RE SAYING

Loading content...
Loading content...

Peace of Mind