Australian Aged Reds Selection (12 x 750mL)
Your case will consist of:
- Mt Pleasant Creek Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Franc 2006 (2 x 750mL), VIC.
- Inigma Shiraz 2010 (2 x 750mL), Hunter Valley, NSW.
- Oceans Estate `Tomasi Vineyard` Cabernet Merlot 2008 (2 x 750mL),WA.
- Aruna Shiraz 2009 (2 x 750mL), Geographe, WA.
- Three Steps `Premium` Shiraz 2010 (2 x 750mL), Hunter Valley, NSW.
- Curran and Hughes Sangiovese 2011 (2 x 750mL), Barossa, SA.
Winery Tasting Notes
Mt Pleasant Creek Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Franc 2006 Fruit suppressed with cedar notes. Soft well structured palate complexed.
Inigma Shiraz 2010 Inigma reflects varietal fruit character inspired by long days of Aussie sunshine. Sourced from the Hunter Valley’s finest vineyards, this Shiraz imparts a rich mocha intensity with long plum and pepper flavours filling the mouth.
Oceans Estate `Tomasi Vineyard` Cabernet Merlot 2008 The nose shows blackberry, mint and some red fruits. There is some vanilla bean as well. The palate is full, rich and complex. There is black currant, strawberry, cherry and mulberry with hints of mint, leather and a spicy earthy texture. Oak is well integrated and restrained and gives a light tarry background.
Aruna Shiraz 2009 This is a Shiraz thick with spicy pepper and plum aromas. The palate imparts a juicy, mocha intensity with long plum and pepper flavours filling the mouth. Soft, defined oak characters from time in American Hogsheads combined with silky tannins give the wine complexity and great length.
Three Steps `Premium` Shiraz 2010 Thick in spice and plum flavours that are well-balanced with integrated oak treatment. The palate imparts a rich mocha intensity with a long finish.
Curran and Hughes Sangiovese 2011 Enjoy the carefree ripe dark cherry fruit of Domain Day's Sangiovese. It has a silky palate and pleasant savoury finish.